Choosing The Right Cutting Board For Your Kitchen Needs
A cutting board is of paramount importance in the kitchen. It’s always important to consider the quality when buying them. We use the cutting board as a kitchen work surface. That is where we cut vegetables, meat, cheese, bread, and butter.
Furthermore, when selecting a cutting board, various factors have to be carefully considered. We have done our homework to aid you in making a proper decision. The choice is yours whether it is plastic, wood, or a combination of both. We will take a closer look into the advantages and disadvantages of cutting boards, whether wood or plastic.
Wood Cutting Boards
We recommend that you choose one large wooden cutting board. This must fit properly in your kitchen to create your work surface. It should be 1.25 inches in thickness and well constructed.
1.Wood is durable. Therefore, if you damage the surface with deep scratches, you can smoothen the surface using sandpaper.
2. It is gentle on knives and does not damage the blades.
3. Wood can absorb and destroy bacteria quickly. Furthermore, it can be washed with warm soapy water to remove bacteria from chicken fat.
4. A wooden cutting board enhances the beautiful appearance of your kitchen.
1. Wood as an organic material requires extensive care. Condition it with high-quality mineral oil to prevent cracking.
2. Wood cutting boards are difficult to clean. Moreover, the cleaning process is time-consuming.
3. Quality wood cutting boards are heavy to carry.
Plastic Cutting Boards
A large plastic cutting board is recommended especially when cutting big food items like a Turkey. However, a smaller version is required for quick purposes such as cutting a lemon.
1.Plastic cutting boards are affordable to buy due to their low prices.
2. Plastic cutting boards are not heavy to carry as compared to wood. In addition, they save needed space.
3. They are easy to clean.
1.Plastic cutting boards can be scratched by knives beyond repair.
2. Moreover, a blade of a knife can be damaged by a plastic cutting board.