Easily Adaptable Frittata For All PalatesBy Anthony K
A Frittata is an Italian breakfast that’s egg-based and is comparable to an omelet. Frittata usually is packed with pre-cooked vegetables. They are initially cooked on the stove till eggs are set on the bottom, after which they are baked in the oven.
Frittata is a versatile dish with no limits but can handle most of the ingredients you throw into it. Generally, a good Frittata is one you can serve any time, whether for dinner, lunch, or breakfast. It can also be served warm, at room temperature, or cold and is tasty. Below is a guide that will help you to make a crispy-edged, fluffy-centered frittata.
Nail the ratio
When it comes to Frittatas, ratios are essential. Ensure that you maintain your mix-ins at about 8eggs, + 2 cups+ 3/4 cup cheese + 1/3 cup cream or milk. Whisk these ingredients together and then season with salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and pepper.
Cook your add-ins
Frittata is ideal for utilizing your leftovers. Start by cooking your meat and vegetables. We have used garlic, a killer combo of shallots, spinach, and mushrooms in our recipe. Sauté it till it becomes soft and till the water gets cooked out of the spinach and mushrooms. Some other veggies that go well with Frittatas include leeks, bell peppers, kale, green onions, potatoes, and tomatoes.
Try out various flavor combinations.
Below is an inspiration of what you can include in your Frittata.
- Jalapeño Popper: shredded yellow cheddar + Cooked bacon+ sliced jalapeños
- Broccoli Sausage: red onion+ Sautéed broccoli+ shredded Fontina+ cooked Italian sausage
- Pizza: pepperoni+ Sautéed cherry tomatoes+ basil+ grated Parmesan.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 minced shallot
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 8 big eggs
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. ricotta
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 375°. Whisk the heavy cream, mozzarella, and eggs together in a medium bowl. Season it with pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Heat oil in a huge skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, then cook for about five minutes or till it becomes hot. Proceed to add mushroom and cook for another five minutes or till the mushroom becomes soft. Use pepper and salt to season.
- Pour your egg mixture in the skillet, dollop using ricotta, and then put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or till the eggs are baked.