How To Make Poached Eggs At HomeBy Luka E
Poached eggs might seem like something reserved for fancy restaurant brunch dates, but they’re actually quite easy to make at home! This technique will help you make delicious poached eggs at home that go well on toast, in salads, or as a classic eggs benedict.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Eggs – Use the freshest eggs you can find. They’ll hold together better when you place them in the water.
- Vinegar – The acid in vinegar helps the eggs hold together better and can be substituted for lemon juice, although this may change the taste. White spirit vinegar is ideal.
1. To begin, crack the eggs into a mesh strainer to separate the thinner part of the egg white. You can freeze it or use it in another egg recipe, such as an omelet. Once separated, place the eggs into separate little bowls.
2. Heat around 6 cups of water on the stove. Add vinegar once it boils and reduce to a simmer. Pour the eggs into the pot one at a time, and be careful to keep them separate. If you’re cooking one at a time, you can lightly stir the water before and during cooking. Otherwise, leave it still.
3. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are still soft. This can take around 2-4 minutes.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift the eggs out of the water and pat them down with a paper towel to remove the moisture before serving.
It’s that easy! With this guide, we hope you’ll go home and try making this easy gourmet egg dish. It’s fun, tasty, and goes well with a myriad of different dishes.