How To Roast Poultry To Perfection
Roasting poultry (chicken or kitchen) is not as difficult as it seems. Being it on Thanksgiving Day or for a weekend meal, there are easy ways to go around your chicken or turkey. If you are a newbie here, this piece is just for you as we will take you through how to season your chicken and set your oven for a perfect and tasty roast.
What you need
Choose a poultry size depending on the number of people you are serving. If you have a family size of about six people, you can go for a 15 pounds turkey or its chicken equivalent. It would help if you prepared your recipes for seasoning the poultry. Currently, there are several brands of chicken/turkey recipes on the market. If you want to go the manual way, you can put together ingredients like garlic, onion, lemon, olive oil or butter, ginger, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and basil, among others.
- Get your poultry to defrost and make sure all the ice is out.
- Prepare it and get it ready for seasoning by patting it very dry.
- Blend all the seasoning ingredients and pour it in a large bowl that can contain the chicken or turkey.
- Soak the poultry in your Seasoning stock and leave it to stay for about 30 minutes
- Ensure that every part of the bird have access to the stock
- Tie the legs together with a piece of twine.
- For the roasting, you need a roasting pan or ovenproof frying pan that can contain the poultry.
- You first need to preheat the oven to about 450°F
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan with the breast side up and set it in an oven.
- Most whole chickens or turkeys need around 2.5 to 3 hour to roast