Inexpensive Method To Make A Delicious Vegan Mayo
For too much time, vegans have been missing out on enjoying mayo. However, vegans can now indulge in vegan mayonnaise that is tasty, creamy, rich, and also cholesterol-free. This article will show you how to make a vegan mayo in just 2 minutes using only four simple, inexpensive ingredients.
- 1 cup oil (250 ml), preferably sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (125 ml)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Immersion blender or regular bleander
- The temperature of oil and milk must be the same. You can use cold oil and cold milk, but room temperature milk and oil are easy to work with.
- Using an immersion blender, combine all the ingredients in the blender cup . Place the immersion blender in the mixture making sure that it sits firmly on the bottom of the cup. Pulse until the mayo emulsifies. When most of the vegan mayo has emulsified, move the blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top.
- For those using a regular blender, place all the ingredients in the blender except the oil, and blend for about 5 seconds. Then add the oil bit by bit or in a steady stream while the blender is going at a slow speed until it thickens. Turn it slowly from low to high and let it go until well mixed, but not too long as it might fall apart.
- Taste the mayo. If there is less salt add again. Add more milk if mayo is very thick. However, you can add more oil to watery mayo. Therefore, pulse again until the mayo has a perfect consistency.
Besides sunflower oil, this vegan mayo can be made with any type of oil, such as sunflower, but we also recommend avocado oil. We should point out that extra virgin olive oil has a powerful and intense flavor. Avoid using coconut oil because the mayo solidifies once refrigerated.